20 Randoms


I love reading other people's random traits! I thought I'd join in on the fun.

1. I used to go all out with eye make up back in college. Like, everyday was prom day to me. The thing that got me to stop? My friend Mike asked me to close my eyes. He then took his thumb and rubbed the top of my lid. When I opened them back up there was a perfect Leonora eyeball print on his thumb. The moral of the story: Don't wear so much "everyday" eye make up that it can be left behind on someone's finger.

2. I have been through 2 deployments with Bub. Each one sucked. Each one also brought us closer together at the end, but I never want to go through them again.

3. I rarely wear nail polish. In college I was super hands on with pastels, charcoal, paint…errythang. It was pointless to make them pretty.

4. My eyelashes are permanently "squished" on my left eye. I sleep on my stomach and on the left side of my face. My eyelases are so long that they get bent in every weird direction. I tried to sleep on my back to stop this from happening but then I felt super exposed and weird. Mangled eyelashes it is…

5. I like coupons.

6. Ever since I started seeing Bub I've been more "adventurous". I try more things that are outside my comfort zone, and most things I don't regret doing but I would never do them again (I'm looking at you slingshot ride of death in atlantic city)

7. Over the course of 3 months Bub and I bought a home and got engaged. 2 MAJOR milestones over 90 days.

8. I'm gonna be 30 in a few months and I am totally having a freak out about it. I'm sure future 50 year old me wants to kick current 29 year old me in the shins.

9. I didn't know opening my etsy shop back in 2011 would be as rewarding and fulfilling as it has been.

10. I currently have 3 fake front teeth. I fainted face first down a flight of stairs at age 14 and my face took all the impact. Doctors were shock I didn't snap my neck, I'd like to think I'm meant to be here.

11. I love any and all animals. When I was a kid I would go in our backyard and collect all the frogs to save them from the lawn mower. I also currently own 2 birds because I felt bad that one of them was alone in PetCo in a little plexi glass cage. I am no longer allowed to go to PetCo or any animal shelter because I would bring home all the animals. ALL.THE.ANIMALS.

12. I have such a mental block with math. Why do they mix letters and numbers?

13. I'm a huge germaphobe. I open doors with my elbows and purel after shaking someone's hand. After I got engaged I got sick because everyone was grabbing my hand wanting to see my ring.

14. Bub and I have been together for 5 plus years and we are still as affectionate as we were back then.

15. I'm a cover hog, he's a bed hog.

16. I used to be really musically inclined. In school I was constantly given solos, but I had huge stage fright that I stopped music cold turkey. I started to do more art because you never had to show off your artwork on stage to an entire auditorium of people while wearing some uncomfortable black and white outfit.

17. You guys are gonna think I'm really crazy right now but whenever I find loose change I always count it. Whenever I count it it usually adds up to being "a date" (46 cents = April 6th, 53 cents = May 3rd). The date is usually a loved ones birthday or date of passing who is no longer with me. I'd like to think its divine intervention letting me know that they are with me still.

18. I can't digest garlic or peppers which is hard to avoid when you're 100% italian.

19. I can't wait to get a ton of gray hairs so I can finally dye my hair. I don't want to mess with my natural color, but I always wanted to try to be a redhead.

20. I am a master at car dancing. If I'm at a stoplight and my jam is on the radio you best believe I am going hard.